United in Defense of the Water
officially endorses Bernie Sanders for President.
Among the positions he takes are:
Believes in combating climate change to save the planet by facing down the abuse of corporate power that is destroying us:
Right now, we have an energy policy that is rigged to boost the profits of big oil companies like Exxon, BP, and Shell at the expense of average Americans. CEO’s are raking in record profits while climate change ravages our planet and our people — all because the wealthiest industry in the history of our planet has bribed politicians into complacency in the face of climate change. Enough is enough. It’s time for a political revolution that takes on the fossil fuel billionaires, accelerates our transition to clean energy, and finally puts people before the profits of polluters.
— Senator Bernie Sanders
- Called for the resignation of Gov. Synder in Michigan for the Flint disaster.
- Received 100% rating in 2015 from the League of Conservation Voters.
- Co-sponsored the Save Oak Flat Act with Sen. Tammy Baldwin.
- Created the Rebuild America Act of 2015, which sets aside $3 billion a year “to improve our national parks, monuments, heritage areas and landmarks for current and future generations to enjoy.”
- Voted YES on protecting ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems.
- Voted for the Water Resources Development Act of 2013, which would have ensured the sustainable and healthy management of oceans through increased research.
- Secured a strong victory for his home state by protecting the Missisquoi and Trout rivers under the Wild and Scenic rivers designation.
- Worked to create the public-use Waterfront Park on the shores of Vermont’s largest city. What could have been developed as luxury 18-story condominiums and a 150-room hotel became a walkable mixed-used park including a sailing center and marina, science center, bike path and public beach.
Without water and natural resources,
all other issues are moot.
The next president simply must be
someone to fight against corporate abuse
and stand up for the water.
We believe Bernie Sanders is the best qualified to take on the abuse of corporate power. He has refused big PAC money except for the National Nurses United, who have endorsed Sen. Sanders because he “aligns perfectly with nurses on the most critical problems facing our nation, from income inequality to guaranteeing healthcare to all to holding Wall Street and corporations to account to opening the doors to college education for everyone to racial justice to the climate crisis.”